Part Time Hospital Optometrist - Uttoxeter
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Optometrist job in Staffordshire. Zest Optical are currently looking to recruit a part time Optometrist for a leading eye hospital. The Optometrist will act as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team working alongside Consultants; carry out pre and post-operative consultations, assessing the suitability of patients for treatment. This role will be based at the hospital in East Staffordshire.
Optometrist – Responsibilities
- Carry out examinations that are associated with refractive, cataract, glaucoma and retinal surgeries.
- Run acute and follow up clinics post-surgery for all patients.
- Provide health advice and support to patients attending the hospital.
- Provide first line clinical advice to patients and follow the appropriate means of referral to a medical practitioner if necessary.
- Ensure awareness of the uses, safety precautions and handling of equipment within the clinical competency framework.
- Ensure awareness of CQC policies and updates, attending all mandatory update courses
- Help to control cross infection by enforcing Hospital policy regarding Uniform Policy, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures.
- Follow correct procedures for documenting and reporting any accident or incident.
Optometrist - Requirements
- Current GOC registration as a fully qualified optometrist
- Extensive experience working as an optometrist in a refractive, high street or hospital environment
- Experience of using patient administration systems and electronic medical record systems
- Experience of working to conversion targets and other KPIs within Vision Correction
Optometrist – Salary
- Salary up to £60K FTE
- A range of additional benefits
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please contact Alex Grimes on firstname.lastname@example.org