Optometrist - Reading - Advanced Independent
Optometry vacancies and full time Optometrist jobs based in Reading, Berkshire. Zest Optical recruitment are working with an independent Opticians based in Reading to hire a full time Optometrist.
An independent Opticians based in Reading, Berkshire are looking for a full time Optometrist to join the team.
This is an advanced practice that can offer a great deal of progression and development opportunities as they offer specialist services such as Dry Eye clinics, colorimetry and Ortho K. You will be working in a large successful practice which currently employs 5-6 Optometrists.
Optometrist - Role
- Deliver first class eye examinations, contact lens care and other eyecare services provided by the practice.
- 30-60 minute appointments
- OCT and Optomap available
- Treat each patient as an individual and afford them the best eyecare they can expect to receive as an individual and unique person.
- Listen, empathise and understand the unique needs and desires of each patient and ensure they receive the best eyecare possible – understand that everyone deserves the best.
- Carry out the required examination in an enthusiastic and caring manner.
- Explain each step of the examination so that the patient understands what is happening.
- Discuss fully the various ways we have to correct their vision or other eye or eye health related issues.
- Hand over every patient within the consulting room where possible, to the relevant colleague to take them on the next stage of their journey. If this is a referral ensure this is done and the patient understands how this will be done.
- Introduce all patients to the benefits of contact lenses and encourage them to experience lenses for themselves
- Carry out high quality contact lens fittings and aftercare
- Where appropriate refer the patient to a colleague for contact lens wear
- Ensure staff delivering support services (e.g. A&R for Contact Lenses) are properly trained and regularly updated on latest practices.
- Assist the Practice Manager to help develop the practice in a positive way, to deliver desired Customer Delight and Sales results.
- Fulfil your role in the efficient administration of practice affairs (e.g. NHS forms, record keeping)
- Participate and contribute in cross group discussions to improve the delivery of eyecare services across the group.
Optometrist - Requirements
- Fully qualified Optometrist registered with the GOC
- Excellent communications and organisational skills
- Clinically focused
- Any additional specialities or interests would be beneficial
- Interested in further training
Optometrist - Salary
- Between £45,000 to £55,000
- Bonus schemes
- Full time including Saturdays - 8.45am to 5.30pm
- 1 Hour Lunch
- Fees paid for
- Additional company benefits
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please send your CV across to Rebecca Wood using the ‘Apply’ link as soon as possible.
0114 238 1726
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726