Optometrist - Clinical Consultant - Bedfordshire
Optometrist vacancies and Clinical Consultant jobs based in Bedfordshire. Zest Optical recruitment are working with an Ophthalmic contact lens supplier based in Bedfordshire to hire a Clinical Consultant.
A leading contact lens manufacturer based in Bedfordshire are looking for a full time Optometrist who specialises in irregular cornea, sclerals and myopia control.
You will utilise your industry experience to build global sales in line with company objectives, developing the knowledge of both team and customers in specialist eye conditions and treatments. You will be a visionary wanting to change mindsets and share best practice across the industry, influencing through webinars, social media, lectures and attendance of events.
You will assist with future growth, engaging in research and development, including technical input into business strategy, clinical involvement concerning innovative product development, testing, evaluation and reporting, and organisation of clinical trials and focus groups to enhance the Group portfolio.
Provide clinical and technical assistance to the Quality, Regulatory, Marketing and Customer Service departments.
Optometrist – Clinical Consultant - Role
- Become the authority on the company's products and promote widely using social media, webinars, videos, podcast and training sessions.
- Present, promote and sell products to existing and prospective customers.
- Management of clinical feedback.
- To provide clinical and technical input into assessing the potential of new products or innovative ideas under consideration by the company.
- To innovate new products and support the application of patents.
- To support new product development via clinical testing/evaluation and technical input into documentation for UKCA & CE marking.
- To develop and amend fitting/product guides for new and existing products.
- Manage and organise external clinical trials.
- Make the company a training hub for our customers.
- Develop new business accounts through both face-to-face and virtual meetings.
- Maintain up to date information on marketplace trends and update team.
- Supply management with relevant reports to evidence targets.
- Create and facilitate learning tools – CPD and Peer discussions.
- Creation of articles for magazines on current topics and our products.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships in line with service levels.
Optometrist – Clinical Consultant - Requirements
- Qualified Optometrist
- A registered member of the General Optical Council
- Member of BCLA desirable
- Specialisms in – Keratoconus, Glaucoma, Myopia Management and Cosmetic and prosthetic applications. Paediatric fitting desirable
- Exceptional presenting skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Up to date knowledge of MDR
- Experience with clinical trials
- Skill in understanding and fitting from topography maps
- Ability to manage regulatory demands of clinical feedback
- Ability to influence MDR meetings to obtain and maintain standard
- Exceptional customer services
Salary and Additional Details
- Salary between 60-70K DOE
- Hybrid working, must be able to work in the office when required
- Professional fees paid
- Working 37.5 days a week
- Primarily Monday to Friday, with the odd weekend for conferences etc
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to Rebecca.email@example.com or call 0114 238 1726 for more information
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726