Opticians Assistant Manager - Central London (Zone 1)
Optometry, Management vacancies and Assistant Manager jobs in Central London. Zest Optical recruitment are currently seeking to recruit a full time Opticians Assistant Manager on behalf of an independent Opticians in Central London
An expanding group of independent Opticians based in London (Zone 1) are looking for a full time Assistant Manager to join the close knit team.
The company currently have several stores in London and have ambitious plans for the future. They combine traditional frame craft with modern methods.
- Support the Store Manager to ensure the seamless running of the store
- In the Store Manager’s absence, manage all dispensing activities within the store
- Be proactive in responding to recruitment needs in the store
- Manage and work alongside the store optometrists and retail staff to provide impeccable lens and frame selection, fitting and customer service
- Work alongside our glazing partners, excelling in lens selection
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve operational activities to ensure the store exceeds financial and customer experience targets and maintains brand consistency
- Develop and ensure procedures are followed to protect the company’s inventory and assets as well as all activities related to risk management and safety
- Provide initial and frequent ongoing training and development for all team members, and contribute to written training manuals
- Act as a representative for our brand to help educated and excite others about our mission and values
- Demonstrate and continuously update exceptional product knowledge as well as accurately describing feature and benefits of various lenses and our frames to customers and potential customers
- Previous Optical experience
- Very well organised and an excellent manager of people
- Demonstrates strong commercial awareness
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
- Very detail orientated, with a real interest in how things look
- Great at communicating clearly and effectively- in person, over the phone, and online
- A self-starter with plenty of energy, and outstanding at working under your own initiative and under pressure
Salary and Benefits
- Salary between £22,000 to £26,000
- Significant responsibility and progression opportunities
- Free spectacles and family and friends discount
The role is to work 5 days a week which include weekend work and late nights on a rota basis.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726