Optical Lab Manager - Night Shifts - Caerphilly
Optical Production ManagerCaerphilly / Caerffili (Gwent)Reference: ZOP2485a
An ophthalmic lens manufacturer based in South Wales are looking to recruit a full time Optical Nightshift Manager to report to the General Manager of the business. The lab supplies premium lenses into independent opticians all across the UK and is renowned for their quality, efficient service and product ranges.
The successful candidate will manage the nightshift with a team of around 15 people
Optical Lab Manager - Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 15 production staff
- Monitor the Unit’s performance and daily and weekly targets. Delegate appropriately to ensure maximum performance and high standards are achieved in each department and provide regular reports to Senior Management as appropriate.
- Monitor and action departmental KPI’s and targets to ensure key business and departmental objectives are being met.
- Monitor departmental wastage, breakages and customer returns to ensure all completed work is produced right first time where possible.
- Identify, drive forward and implement innovative solutions that positively impact the Unit’s performance including the setting of targets and fully controlling the WIP.
- Take proactive steps and action to ensure adequate resources are available to minimise customer order delays and to ensure high quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure all staff within the Unit receives adequate training to enhance the skills, capabilities and knowledge. Provide opportunities for staff to continually improve and develop.
- Lead, motivate and develop the teams through coaching, support and providing quality feedback ensuring annual performance reviews are carried out, 1:1’s and regular team meetings with staff are held.
Optical Lab Manager - Requirements
- A comprehensive understanding of lenses, glazing procedures and Opticians expectations, as well as an extensive understanding of the manufacturing processes in an Optical lab.
- The SMC (Tech) or dispensing qualification would be desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar management capacity
- Experience of working in fast paced, high volume lab
- Quality control experience
Optical Lab Manager – Benefits
- Night shifts - Monday to Thursday, 4pm to 3am
- Salary up to 30K Plus a 15% shift allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726