Senior Optical Glazing Technician - Milton Keynes
Optical Lab Technician vacancies and Optical Glazing jobs in Milton Keynes. Zest Optical recruitment are working with an optical lab based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire to hire a full time Optical Lab Technician.
A leading Optical lab based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire are looking for a full time Optical Glazing Technician to work alongside the glazing team. The company supplies lenses to Opticians all across the UK.
This is the night shift working Monday to Friday from 10.30pm to 6am.
Senior Optical Glazing Technician – Role
- Efficiently handle all frame & lens types in the correct manner to efficiently glaze them to a high standard.
- Mark-up laser engraving on lenses, neatly and accurately after glazing
- Work at a productive pace without sacrificing quality
- Report any defects found to your Supervisor in a timely fashion
- Accurately trace all types of spectacle frames and use the optical tracer and shape library to obtain and adjust rimless lens shapes.
- Appraise customer orders to assess feasibility of order and any special requirements.
- Maintain a sound understanding of specific glazing requirements of all mount types, including but not limited to full-rim, supra, in-line, high-base, precious and exotic materials.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of lens availability and appropriate frame / lens combinations
- Communicate effectively with customer service and other departments to answer queries
- Work within the FI team to accurately block all lens types,
- Accurately apply optical and cosmetic standards to completed orders in an effective quality control process
- Accurately and efficiently block all lens types and provide a resolution for any issues encountered to the Supervisor and Customer Service department
- Inspection of all customer order types before dispatch (uncut, remote edge & glazed jobs)
- Observe all safety rules and regulations whilst operating automatic or semi-automatic equipment
Senior Optical Glazing Technician – Skills
- Experience of working in an optical lab
- Rimless/Supra experience
- Tracing/blocking/glazing experience
- High Accuracy and attention to detail
Salary and Additional Information
- 37.5 hours per week
- Competitive salary plus shift allowance
- Monday to Friday, 10.30pm to 6am
- Life Assurance - after 12 months service
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 30 with service, plus Bank Holidays
- Free pair of lenses
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726