Optical Glazing Technician - Birmingham, West Midlands
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Optical Lab Technician jobs and Glazing Technician vacancies in Birmingham. Zest Optical are recruiting a full time Optical Glazing Technician for an independent ophthalmic lab based in Birmingham.
An experienced Optical Glazing Technician is required to join a leading optical lens manufacturer based in Birmingham. The lab currently supplies a full glazing service to Opticians across the UK, and you will be responsible for preparing customer prescriptions to the highest standards possible.
- Frame tracing
- Manual & automated blocking
- Lens edging (manual & automated)
- Rimless drilling & milling
- Hand finishing and fitting of:
- Full rim metal/plastic frames
- Supra/nylon frames
- Rimless frames
- Specialist frames such as Horn, Gold, Wooden, Lindberg etc
- Ability to rectify orders that may fall below the company expected standard
- Final verification of complete spectacles to ISO standards
- To ensure work is prioritised appropriately in date order, to meet customer expectations.
- To ensue that requirements for consumable replenishments are reported to a member of the leadership group when necessary.
- Too pro-actively deal with process issues and report to line management when necessary.
- Promote regular, positive communication to the team and other members of the leadership group, encouraging operational morale.
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned, maintained and in good working order for production.
- To ensure the working environment is clean and tidy, to reduce contamination and meet Health & Safety objectives, influencing everyone within the workplace.
- Previous glazing experience is essential
- Understanding of lenses and the overall production process
- Rimless and supra knowledge
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to lead by example
- Understanding and supporting the needs of the team in terms of objectives and goals
- Good literacy and numeracy
- Able to commit to the working shift pattern
Salary and Additional Information
- Salary between £20,000 to £27,000
- Temp or perm
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical cover
- Travel card or free parking
- Two different shift patterns available;
- Bi weekly shift pattern - 8am to 4pm and then 10am to 6pm - Alternate Sats
- OR 12 hours shifts 7.30am to 8pm - 2 days on 2 days off (Not Sundays)
To apply for this role please your details across to Rebecca Wood on email@example.com or call 0114 238 1726 for more information
You can now message us via our company WhatsApp - 07933115681
Feel free to get in contact about any roles/recruitment needs.