Logistics Assistant - Milton Keynes
Finance vacancies and Logistics Assistant Jobs based in Milton Keynes. Zest Optical recruitment are working with an optical glazing lab based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire to hire a full time Logistics Assistant.
An Optical glazing lab based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire are looking for a full time Logistics Assistant to join the team. The company supplies high quality lenses to Opticians all across the UK.
Logistics Assistant – Role
- Managing and maintaining customer pricing database
- Creating monthly promotions
- Working out and raising customer credits
- Answering queries relating to customer pricing
- Creating new customer accounts
- Carrying our pricing audits
- Carry out daily stock counts
- Booking in and receiving lens delivery’s
- Supervising the frame inventory and reporting back to the supply chain manager on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with re-ordering of lens inventory
- Ensuring that all processes and procedures comply with operational and statutory requirements
- Pro-active in the development of self and undertake training consistent with developing skills relevant to duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Be vigilant in matters relating to health and safety within and external to the company’s offices.
- Waste management to include environmental and cost factor
Logistics Assistant – Skills
- Conversant with Microsoft Office software (Advanced in MS Excel including PivotTables, VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, and Data Tables
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a number of complex projects and to balance priorities to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with different levels of management, internal customers and suppliers.
- Ability to present documents professionally and accurately
- Good understanding of financial processes such as debit / credit
- Has a high degree of mathematical acumen and comfortable working with figures
Salary and Additional Information
- Working 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday – 9am to 5.30pm
- Competitive salary
- Life Assurance - after 12 months service
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 25 with service, plus Bank Holidays
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726