Optical Quality Assistant - Birmingham
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
A leading optical lens manufacturer based in Birmingham are looking for a full time Quality Assistant to join the team. Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be responsible for processing returned orders and making sure customers are kept up to date.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
Key Duties -
- Processing returned and rejected orders accurately and timely
- Inspecting lenses against claimed or reported faults and specification
- Verifying lenses history and timescales to assess the validity of a return
- Accurately registering and reporting returned and rejected lenses in all necessary configuration management systems (OES, STC, HelpDesk, SAP, SalesForce)
- Communicate any relevant issues to the necessary parties (i.e. Order Entry, Glazing Lab, Account Managers or Customer Care)
- Providing factual and professional spoken and written communication to customers and colleagues
- Actively working on resolving customer issues and communicating progress to all relevant parties
- Managing Quality Helpdesk tickets
- Supporting other departments, when necessary to assure the best Customer Experience
- Optical knowledge. Experience in this sector or proven ability to work within the technical market
- Proven ability to analyse and verify information
- Proficiency in IT areas (SAP, MS Office)
- Proven excellent communication skills, including handling difficult conversations
- Experience in communication with customers via phone
- Knowledge of lens products
- Ability to interpret ISO ophthalmic standards
- Root cause analysis
- Knowledge of SAP
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours across Monday to Saturday
The salary is between £15,000 to £24,000 per annum depending on experience.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
10% pension contribution.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.