Optical Glazing Technician- South Wales
Optical Lab Vacancies and Optical Glazing Technician jobs based in South Wales. Zest Optical are working with a well-established lens manufacturer based in South Wales to hire a full time Optical Glazing Technician.
An ophthalmic lens manufacturer based in South Wales are looking to recruit a full time Optical Glazing Technician. The lab supplies premium lenses into independent opticians all across the UK and is renowned for their quality, efficient service and product ranges.
Optical Glazing Technician - Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Receive orders and accurately interpret customer requirements.
- Select lenses in accordance with company processes ensuring that the correct material, bevel and sizing standards are achieved.
- Ensure that the correct lenses are fitted into the correct frames and fitted without gaps.
- Edge the lenses to the correct specification avoiding any over-edging.
- Advise the Glazing Team Leader, Production Manager or General Manager of any non-conformities and errors.
- Finish each lens and frame to ensure the finished product is clean and ready for final inspection.
- Keeps departmental wastage and customer returns to a minimum aiming to ensure all completed work is produced right first time.
- Keeps up to date with the latest optical industry developments relevant to role and manages own personal development through focusing on continual training and development.
Optical Glazing Technician - Requirements
- A comprehensive understanding of lenses, glazing procedures and Opticians expectations, as well as an extensive understanding of the manufacturing processes in an Optical lab.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working in a fast faced, quality focused environment
- Ability to work to deadlines
This is a full time role working Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm
Salary will be depending on experience - Roughly between £16,500 to £20,000.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726