A full time Optical Administrator is required to work for a lens manufacturer based in Liverpool within their glazing department. The company provides Optical lenses/glazing services to Opticians all across the country.
The key responsibilities of this role is to provide administrative and customer support to the prescription control/ order entry department in providing customers with a first-class service and experience.
Optical Administrator - Role
- Carrying out routine and general administrative duties in the prescription control area, to include preparation of orders, tracing of optical frames, picking lenses, matching incoming orders to the relevant trays, ordering lenses and making sure an hourly flow into the glazing department is maintained.
- Taking customers prescription orders via phone, fax, edi and email, entering them accurately and efficiently into the laboratory software system on an hourly basis as required.
- Provide technical assistance to customers regards lens products as required.
- Notifying customers of the status of orders as and when required.
- Processing of MOD, EDI and other external special orders.
- Conducting final inspection against customer specification including final checking/cleaning of lens and frames to required optical standards
- Arranging collections from customers with the designated couriers
- Dealing with internal colleagues to solve ordering or processing issues
- Processing and managing remakes when they arise.
- Working within the companies standard operating procedures.
- Carrying out general housekeeping duties.
- Rotating with other members of staff within the prescription control department, becoming efficient around all the daily required duties.
- Flexibility, the company may at times deem it necessary for you to work in other departments to accommodate fluctuations in the business
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
You MUST have an excellent knowledge of the Optical industry, ideally working as an Optical Assistant or Glazing Technician. You will have a self-motivated and positive attitude to work, and enjoy building good working relationships with clients. Organisation and attention to detail are also key qualities the client is looking for, as administration tasks are also involved.
The role is to work Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
The salary on offer is between £16,000 to £18,000.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or alternatively call 0114 238 1726.
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726