Optical Production Manager - South Wales - Monday to Friday
An ophthalmic lens manufacturer based in South Wales are looking to recruit a full time Optical Production Manager to report to the General Manager of the business. The lab supplies premium lenses into independent opticians all across the UK and is renowned for their quality, efficient service and product ranges.
The successful candidate will manage all departments and teams, including Administration, Stock Room, Customer Services, Blocking & Cutting, Glazing, Final Checking and Despatch ensuring that all company procedures are followed, quality standards are met and customer deadlines are achieved.
Optical Production Manager - Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 20 production staff
- Monitor the Unit’s performance and daily and weekly targets. Delegate appropriately to ensure maximum performance and high standards are achieved in each department and provide regular reports to Senior Management as appropriate.
- Monitor and action departmental KPI’s and targets to ensure key business and departmental objectives are being met.
- Monitor departmental wastage, breakages and customer returns to ensure all completed work is produced right first time where possible.
- Identify, drive forward and implement innovative solutions that positively impact the Unit’s performance including the setting of targets and fully controlling the WIP.
- Take proactive steps and action to ensure adequate resources are available to minimise customer order delays and to ensure high quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure all staff within the Unit receives adequate training to enhance the skills, capabilities and knowledge. Provide opportunities for staff to continually improve and develop.
- Lead, motivate and develop the teams through coaching, support and providing quality feedback ensuring annual performance reviews are carried out, 1:1’s and regular team meetings with staff are held.
- Maintain strong teams through the recruitment and selection process and ensuring a highly organised training schedule is in place for all new staff to achieve competence in the role.
- Keep up to date with the latest management and optical industry developments and manage your own personal development.
- Work to ISO 13485 quality standards and ensure the associated procedures are followed at all times.
Optical Production Manager - Requirements
- A comprehensive understanding of lenses, glazing procedures and Opticians expectations, as well as an extensive understanding of the manufacturing processes in an Optical lab.
- The SMC (Tech) or dispensing qualification would be desirable.
- Previous experience in a similar management capacity
- Experience of working in fast paced, high volume lab
The working hours are Monday to Friday from 7am to 4pm
The starting salary for the role is £26,000 which will be reviewed after the probation period.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726