Optical Account Manager - Ireland
Optical Account Manager job in Ireland. Zest Optical are currently looking to recruit an Account Manager for a leading manufacturer of Ophthalmic Lenses. The purpose of this role is to build strong business relationships with customers in the independent optical Market across Ireland. The role will cover an area from Galway to Dublin.
The Account Manager will be responsible for consolidating existing sales and increase profitable sales of independent opticians through a multi-channel network, in accordance with the Company sales and marketing strategy to meet turnover targets in accordance with the Company discount structure.
- To maintain a consistent call programme in field for both Direct and Indirect Independent Accounts across the geographical area to increase sales by ensuring that the company becomes the preferred supplier.
- To sell in full the range of products by negotiation with opticians
- To present all relevant marketing/commercial activity to key personnel agreeing actions and processes required to ensure its success.
- To regularly review with all customers their business, product mix and supplier preferences promoting the company as their first choice.
- To agree and implement customer training, both in practice and in seminar format, on all new and existing products to improve added value sales.
- To maintain accurate customer records and reports for relevant accounts to ensure that sales data and market activity can be analysed accurately
- To ensure that company and competitor product knowledge is continually maintained
- To continually assess the market, maintaining customer and competitor records to identify opportunities and be able to provide call reports, monthly reports and forward planning sheets as required by the Sales Manager
- At all times to act as an ambassador of the company and its values.
The ideal candidate will be either a fully qualified Dispensing Optician or an individual with previous experience of selling Ophthalmic Lenses into Opticians. You will also need the ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines.
In return, you will be offered a competitive benefits package: Which will include basic salary up to €42,000 plus bonus, co car, phone and other additional company benefits. For further information please contact Alex Grimes on email@example.com
Contact: Alex Grimes
Telephone: 0114 238 1727