Dispatch Officer - Goods In/Out - Birmingham
This Listing has Expired
We are sorry to say that this job is no longer available. However we are experts in recruitment and we are sure we can help you. You can view the related jobs on this page and if there is nothing suitable then please contact us on 0114 238 0012, register your CV, or register for job alerts all in confidence.
Optometry vacancies and Optical Assistant jobs based in Birmingham, West Midlands. Zest Optical recruitment are working alongside a leading Optical manufacturer based in Central Birmingham to hire a full time Dispatch Office – Goods In/Out.
A leading Lens Manufacturer based in Birmingham, West Midlands are looking for a full time Dispatch Officer – Goods In/Out.
The Dispatch Officer is a position in the Technical centre and responsible for performing a variety of routine duties within the goods in/out department, working closely with the glazing department. The role will ensure all incoming and outgoing movements are dealt with on a daily basis. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that the work is provided to the glazing team in a timely and efficient manner.
Dispatch Officer – Role
- Receipt goods in from suppliers using either bar code scanners or manual input into SAP
- Prepare and feed orders into the glazing team
- Sort incoming post and distribute to relevant department or area
- Pick stock lenses to fulfil incoming customer orders
- Sort and Prepare customer’s frames sent in for orders using SAP
- Sort and store incoming frames for glazing orders
- Ensure all stationary/supplies for the department are replenished
- Despatch completed orders to the customer
- Work with customer care to chase prioritised orders
- Dispose of all waste material daily
- Previous experience of working in optics, Optical Assistant, Glazing Technician etc
- Logistics or customer order picking experience
- Use of business IT systems
- Shift pattern -
- Permanent earlies i.e. 07:30 – 15:30 Mon-Friday plus Saturday 08.39 – 16.00, with a rotated day off during the week; this will be a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and the day rotates as part of the shift pattern
- Rotating early and late shift. The early shift is as above, and the late shift is 10.30 – 18.30 Monday – Friday (no Saturday). The rotation is 1 week earlies, 1 week lates etc
- Salary - £17,000
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to Rebecca.email@example.com or call 0114 238 1726.