Dispatch Officer - Goods In/Out - Birmingham
Optometry vacancies and Optical Assistant jobs based in Birmingham, West Midlands. Zest Optical recruitment are working alongside a leading Optical manufacturer based in Central Birmingham to hire a full time Dispatch Office – Goods In/Out.
A leading Lens Manufacturer based in Birmingham, West Midlands are looking for a full time Dispatch Officer – Goods In/Out.
The Dispatch Officer is a position in the Technical centre and responsible for performing a variety of routine duties within the goods in/out department, working closely with the glazing department. The role will ensure all incoming and outgoing movements are dealt with on a daily basis. The role will also be responsible for ensuring that the work is provided to the glazing team in a timely and efficient manner.
Dispatch Officer – Role
- Receipt goods in from suppliers using either bar code scanners or manual input into SAP
- Prepare and feed orders into the glazing team
- Sort incoming post and distribute to relevant department or area
- Pick stock lenses to fulfil incoming customer orders
- Sort and Prepare customer’s frames sent in for orders using SAP
- Sort and store incoming frames for glazing orders
- Ensure all stationary/supplies for the department are replenished
- Despatch completed orders to the customer
- Work with customer care to chase prioritised orders
- Dispose of all waste material daily
- Previous experience of working in optics, Optical Assistant, Glazing Technician etc
- Logistics or customer order picking experience
- Use of business IT systems
- Shift pattern -
- Permanent earlies i.e. 07:30 – 15:30 Mon-Friday plus Saturday 08.39 – 16.00, with a rotated day off during the week; this will be a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and the day rotates as part of the shift pattern
- Rotating early and late shift. The early shift is as above, and the late shift is 10.30 – 18.30 Monday – Friday (no Saturday). The rotation is 1 week earlies, 1 week lates etc
- Salary - £17,000
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 238 1726.
Contact: Rebecca Wood
Telephone: 0114 238 1726